How to configure proxy server in windows 7/8/10 (easy)
If a proxy server is configured in your organization or home, it may increase the security of your computer. The proxy server acts as a gateway to your network and sends your network traffic through the proxy server.
There are several benefits to using a proxy server, such as hiding your IP address, blocking access to unwanted web pages, and being able to monitor an organization’s user activity.
Provides security, privacy on the network when using a proxy server, and acts as an intermediary for the proxy server when connecting to the Internet. Adding a proxy server does not require 3rd party software and can be done easily on Windows OS
Let’s see how to configure proxy server in Windows
1. Open Settings
2. Click on Network & Internet
3. Click Proxy
4. enable “Use a proxy server“
5. Then enter the Address and Port Number of the Proxy server
Note:- Note:-If you do not want to use a proxy server on the Intranet, put this tick
6. Then click on the “Save” button
Method -2 Let’s see how to configure proxy server in Windows 7
- Open the control panel
2. Click on Network and Internet
3. Click on Internet Options
4. Select the Connection tab and click on LAN Settings
5. Allow the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” option and enter the network address and port number associated with the proxy server.
6. Then click on the “OK” button