How to change the default RDP port
The Remote Desktop service provides easy access from one computer to another.3389 is used as the default port on the Remote Desktop. This port number can be changed as a security measure. Let’s see how to change the default RDP port.
- Press Windows + R and open Run
- Type “regedit” and press Enter
- Now go to the registry path below
- Double click on the “PortNumber” DWORD value
- Then select decimal and enter the port number of your choice and click on “OK“
- Then the computer must be restarted